Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast.

Bluesville Junction Band
Axaholics on Facebook
Home
Forum
Mission
Rules
Members Guitars
Links
Guitar Store
Bluesville Junction
Axaholics on Facebook

Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast. Guitar Forum, Amplifier Forum, Gibson Guitar Forum, Fender Guitar Forum, PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, Electric Guitar Forum, Acoustic Guitar Forum, Fender Amplifer Forum, Marshall Amplifer Forum, Peavey Amplifier Forum
Bluesville Junction Band
Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast. Guitar Forum, Amplifier Forum, Gibson Guitar Forum, Fender Guitar Forum, PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, Electric Guitar Forum, Acoustic Guitar Forum, Fender Amplifer Forum, Marshall Amplifer Forum, Peavey Amplifier Forum

Search
Members
Calendar
Help
User CP
My Assistant

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Zentar
Posted: October 13, 2011 - 09:59 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 91

Gibson Raid

If you are a fan of music this should upset you.

ONLY Gibson is being attacked by the feds despite the fact that ALL guitar makers use the same wood.
PMEmail Poster
HRC
Posted: October 14, 2011 - 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Axaholic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Illinois

It sucks for sure. I'm not sure why they're singling out Gibson. 2 Raids by armed Feds and confiscated wood in the last 2 years isn't good. Even the Indian government says there was no problem with this last shipment of Indian Rosewood that was ceased and brought on the raid. And the woods in question are not endangered or anything. :dazed:

You would think the US government would have much more important thing to deal with. :no:
PMEmail Poster
Zentar
Posted: October 14, 2011 - 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 91

The 2nd raid makes me think the feds didn't find any goodies in the 1st raid.

Gibson could go under because of our own government. Think of it: no more Les Pauls or SGs.

I suppose next the feds will raid the Louisville Slugger factory.
PMEmail Poster
lessonsthatrock
Posted: January 15, 2012 - 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 40

In response to the current Federal ban on Gibson, they now BURN MAPLE to make it somewhat mimic the look of rosewood. They aren't even allowed to use rosewood anymore! Think of it, Gibsons with maple!
PMEmail Poster
HRC
Posted: January 17, 2012 - 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Axaholic

Illinois

Gibson still uses Rosewood. They only use the "Baked Maple" on a few models. The upper end stuff still has Rosewood, for now...
PMEmail Poster
lessonsthatrock
Posted: January 25, 2012 - 11:23 AM
Quote Post

That's because they have such a huge supply of the stuff. But in reality, they'll be forced to start buying legitimate rosewood illegally. It sucks, but Gibson has to learn. At the end of the day, Gibson purchased wood illegally for their own profit, not for the consumer's. They were ok with hurting our environment and breaking laws for their own personal greed. If you take your emotions out of it, and your own personal attachments to the Gibson brand, you realize, they earned this.
PMEmail Poster
HRC
Posted: January 25, 2012 - 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Axaholic

Illinois

From what they say now on the Gibson website they are going to start using rosewood laminate. Two thinner pieces glued together... Not good.. :no:

I haven't heard any of the other US guitar manufactures having any issue using Rosewood so either the government is out to get them (which I doubt) or like you said they did break the law on previous wood purchases...

I'm just happy I already have several older Gibson's and won't be buying any new Gibson's unless they get things sorted out.
PMEmail Poster
lessonsthatrock
Posted: January 29, 2012 - 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Do you think this will raise the value of older Gibsons?
PMEmail Poster
HRC
Posted: January 29, 2012 - 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Axaholic

Illinois

Yes I think it will. Or another scenario could be Gibson gets the wood issue sorted out and these guitars their building with baked maple and laminated boards will become rare. :dazed:
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

LoFi Version
Bluesville Junction Band

Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast
Axaholics
2005-2015 HotRodCarts LLC
All Rights Reserved
No part of this web site may be reproduced in any way
or by any means, without the prior written permission of HotRodCarts LLC