Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast.

Bluesville Junction Band
Axaholics on Facebook
Home
Forum
Mission
Rules
Members Guitars
Links
Guitar Store
Bluesville Junction
Axaholics on Facebook

Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast. Guitar Forum, Amplifier Forum, Gibson Guitar Forum, Fender Guitar Forum, PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, Electric Guitar Forum, Acoustic Guitar Forum, Fender Amplifer Forum, Marshall Amplifer Forum, Peavey Amplifier Forum
Bluesville Junction Band
Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast. Guitar Forum, Amplifier Forum, Gibson Guitar Forum, Fender Guitar Forum, PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, Electric Guitar Forum, Acoustic Guitar Forum, Fender Amplifer Forum, Marshall Amplifer Forum, Peavey Amplifier Forum

Search
Members
Calendar
Help
User CP
My Assistant

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

HRC
Posted: April 3, 2009 - 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Axaholic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Illinois

I bought a new Fender Super Champ XD yesterday for practicing. I played a Les Paul Studio though one at Guitar Center and was very impressed with the clean channel. I bought a new one in the box, brought it home, plugged in my Les Paul Traditional and within 15 minutes it stopped working. It made a slight pop and went dead. It still powered up but had no sound. I had it cranked up on the clean when she blew. I exchanged it today for another one new in the box and so far so good. This little amp is loud and sounds real nice on the clean channel. I haven't tried it with my Stratocaster or Telecaster yet but it starts to break up nicely at around 7 on the clean channel with the Les Paul on 10. The 16 effects and 16 preamp settings aren't to shabby either. I play Blues, Southern Rock and some Country and Western and this little amp does well. So far I'd say you can get great tones for anything from clean C&W to heavy metal. I'll let you know more after I play with the amp some more. I'm just hoping the one that blew was a fluke...

Here's a write up and specs on the Fender Super Champ XD Amplifier

A real tube amp with 16 preamp voicings for amazing versatility.
The Super Champ® guitar amp of the early 1980s was an up-to-the-minute take on the venerable Fender® Champ® amplifier. It contained a powerful 10" speaker, large for a Champ; its all-tube overdrive capabilities were further enhanced by the inclusion of genuine Fender reverb. Bottom line, it had incredible gain and volume in a compact package a real surprise for guitarists who were accustomed to hauling much larger amps to the studio or rehearsal hall.

The Super Champ® XD amplifier enters a new era by combining a real tube amp with up-to-date "extras" like versatile amp voicing and a wide palette of quality effects. There's no limit to the number of tones that can be coaxed from this little firecracker, so practice and recording sessions really come alive with the Fender Super Champ XD amp.

Fender Super Champ XD Guitar Combo Amp Features:
15W tube power amp with two 6V6 tubes
12AX7 preamp tube
10 inch Special Design Speaker
Voicing knob with 16 different preamp voices great for any style of music
Two channels w/channel-switching format (optional footswitch available)
16 effects with effects level control
External speaker capability
Line output
Fender Super Champ XD Guitar Combo Amp Specifications:
Power requirements: 90W
Power output: 15W RMS into 8 ohms
Input impedance: >1 Mohm
Tubes: One 12AX7 and two 6V6
Speaker: One 10", 8 ohm Fender® Special Design
Dimensions: 15" x 17.5" x 9" (38 cm x 45 cm x 22.9 cm)
Weight: 24 lb (10.9 kg)

(IMG:http://www.axaholics.com/pictures/fender-champ-xd-front.jpg) (IMG:http://www.axaholics.com/pictures/fender-champ-xd-back.jpg)
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

LoFi Version
Bluesville Junction Band

Axaholics.com - The Guitar Forum for the Guitar Enthusiast
Axaholics ®
© 2005-2015 HotRodCarts LLC
All Rights Reserved
No part of this web site may be reproduced in any way
or by any means, without the prior written permission of HotRodCarts LLC