Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Egnater Rebel-20 Review

Axaholics Guitar Forum > Guitar | Amplifier | Accessories | Reviews
HRC
I picked up a Egnater Rebel 20 with a Egnater 1x12 Speaker Cabinet a couple weeks ago and now that I've had a chance to use it several times I wanted to post my review on it.

Let me start out by saying This little amp flat out gets it done. I've had many amps in the years I've been playing and the Egnater Rebel 20 has to be the one of the best sounding (if not the best) amps I've ever used. From clean to heavy distortion this amp sounds beautiful to my ears. I play mostly blues and southern rock and the Egnater Rebel 20 does just what I want a amp to do. I'm not a pedal guy and with this amp you won't need one. I was a little concerned about no foot switch but I've found you really don't need one to dial this amp in from rhythm to lead. I can accomplish that with the volume control on my guitars fine with this amp. I bought the amp from a guy that needed money and my intentions were to sell it but after using it its a keeper. Don't let the 20 watts fool you, this amp is loud if you want it to be and with the wattage adjustable all the way down to 1 watt you can get GREAT tone at any volume. I've played both of my Les Pauls, both Stratocasters and my Telecaster Elite with the Rebel 20 and they all sound real nice.

user posted image

Here's the write up and specifications on the Eganter Rebel 20 form Egnaters website.

Sure it's tiny, but do not mistake it for a toy. The Rebel-20 from Egnater is a truly professional amp head with features and sound that are anything but small. Inside you'll find three GrooveTubes 12AX7 preamp tubes, a pair of GrooveTubes EL84 power tubes and a pair of GrooveTubes 6V6 power tubes. Not only do you get the signature Egnater TIGHT and BRIGHT voicing switches, you also have wide range gain control that lets you go from bluesy clean up to roaring high-gain lead all using a single gain knob.

The Watts control lets you turn the Rebel 20's power from 20 watts to 1 watt for bandstand to bedroom volume. This guitar amp head also includes a professional quality effects loop that doesn't "suck tone". But the coolest feature of the Egnater Rebel-20 is the TUBE MIX control an Egnater first. With the TUBE MIX knob turned counterclockwise you get the classic American sound of the 6V6 power tubes. Set the Rebel 20's knob full clockwise to experience the more aggressive, British sound of the EL84 tubes. For the first time, you can blend the two types of tubes in any proportion you wish to create a truly signature sound.

Egnater Rebel 20 20W Tube Guitar Amp Head Features:

20-Watt All-Tube Head
Variable Wattage Control from 1w to 20w
Tube Mix Blends Between 6V6 and EL84 Power Tubes
Master Volume, Gain, Three Band EQ
Egnater Signature Tight and Bright Voicing Switches
Effects Loop