Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Epiphone PR7E Acoustic Guitar

Axaholics Guitar Forum > Other Acoustic Guitar Discussion
HRC
I picked up a used Epiphone PR7E acoustic guitar a few weeks ago and I'm really impressed with the tone and looks of this guitar. Beautiful Birdseye maple top, back and sides. Very low action, sounds pretty good acoustically and very good through my amps and PA. The smaller thinner body on this guitar makes it very comfortable to play. Another fine guitar made by Epiphone.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
V-Verb Amps
It's over a year since you posted about this guitar, do you still feel the same about this Epi PR7E? I ask because I'm thinking about buying one for my niece.

Thanks
V
HRC
Welcome to the forum.

I sold the Epiphone PR7E a couple of months ago. It was a nice playing guitar. It didn't sound great acoustically but it sounded very nice plugged into a PA. Not a bad guitar for the money.
V-Verb Amps
Thanks for letting me in, and the skinny on the Epi. I'm not a big fan of maple being used to construct acoustics, and haven't found one that has the natural projection I like.. I do however have a soft spot for acoustics built out of mahogany.

V
HRC
I feel the same way about the tone on acoustics built with Maple. Everyone I've ever played sounds dull acoustically. I'm a big fan of Mahogany for the back and sides. My Martin D16 has Mahogany back and sides and it sounds great acoustically.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here -> Guitar Forum .
Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum © 2001-2017 Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum